Jump to Main Content
- An, So Jung; Scaria, Puthupparampil V.; Chen, Beth; Barnafo, Emma; Muratova, Olga; Anderson, Charles; Lambert, Lynn; Chae, Myung Hwa; Yang, Jae Seung; Duffy, Patrick E.
- Vaccine 2018 v.36 no.21 pp. 2978-2984
- typhoid fever, etc ; Plasmodium falciparum; Salmonella Typhi; antibacterial properties; antibodies; antigens; antiserum; blood serum; clinical trials; immune response; immunogenicity; immunoglobulin G; malaria; mice; polysaccharides; vaccines; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Immune responses to poorly immunogenic antigens, such as polysaccharides, can be enhanced by conjugation to carriers. Our previous studies indicate that conjugation to Vi polysaccharide of Salmonella Typhi may also enhance immunogenicity of some protein carriers. We therefore explored the possibility of generating a bivalent vaccine against Plasmodium falciparum malaria and typhoid fever, which ar ...
- Chen, S.; Liao, C.; Zhang, C.; Cheng, X.
- Canadian journal of veterinary research 2018 v.82 no.2 pp. 102-105
- typhoid fever, etc ; Salmonella Typhimurium; blood serum; cytotoxicity; edible vaccines; gastroenteritis; genes; host range; human cell lines; human diseases; immune response; immunoglobulin A; immunoglobulin G; mice; mutants; vaccination; veterinary medicine; virulence; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Salmonella enterica serovar Typhimurium has a wide host range and is capable of causing infections ranging from severe gastroenteritis to systemic infection in humans. To determine if attenuated S. Typhimurium strains can serve as safe and effective oral vaccines to prevent typhoid fever, the biologic characteristics of crp and sipB deletion mutants were evaluated. Previous studies had found that ...