Jump to Main Content
- Du Plessis, A., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Acta horticulturae 2018 no.1201 pp. 197-204
- X-radiation; cultivars; fruit peels; fruits; intercellular spaces; mathematical models; micro-computed tomography; microstructure; permeability; pomegranates; porosity; South Africa
- ... The size and distribution of pores in the peel of pomegranate fruit has an important influence on the moisture and gas transport phenomena that occur in the fruit tissue during storage. However, its detailed structure is still unclear. In this work, the first reported results of laboratory-based X-ray micro tomographic studies of the pomegranate fruit peel is presented. The study was conducted on ...
- du Plessis, A., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- International journal of environmental science and technology 2018 v.15 no.9 pp. 1843-1850
- environmental factors; manufacturing; micro-computed tomography; nests; statistical analysis
- ... Three-dimensional X-ray micro-computed tomography permits to investigate the internal structure of objects at a high resolution without altering its original form. It also facilitates the rendering and visualization of a virtual replica, which can be subjected to rigorous and complex analyses. In the present study, micro-computed tomography was used to investigate a unique and fragile speleothem ( ...