Jump to Main Content
- Young, Wayne, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Molecular nutrition & food research 2018 v.62 no.21 pp. e1800482
- animal growth; animal models; bioaccumulation; bioavailability; blood serum; cesium; ewe milk; iron; liver; males; milk; milk consumption; mineral content; minerals; rats; rubidium; weanlings
- ... SCOPE: The aim of the study is to determine the effects of sheep milk consumption in comparison to cow milk on the mineral distribution in the soft organs and serum in a growing animal model system. As the mineral composition of cow and sheep milk differs, different effects on the bio‐accumulations in the body may be observed. Differences in the mineral composition of cow and sheep milk may lead t ...
- Young, Wayne, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Comprehensive reviews in food science and food safety 2018 v.17 no.4 pp. 989-1005
- absorption; bone health; cell lines; dairy consumption; humans; lipids; milk; milk composition; mineral content; minerals; osteoporosis; proteins; vitamins
- ... This review aims to examine the relationship between the consumption of dairy products, mineral absorption, and bone health, and critically evaluates the methods that have been used to investigate this relationship. As people live longer and have lives that are more active in modern societies, bone health is of concern due to the possibility for the increasing incidence of bone disorders, such as ...