Jump to Main Content
- Posthuma, Leo; Brown, Colin D.; de Zwart, Dick; Diamond, Jerome; Dyer, Scott D.; Holmes, Christopher M.; Marshall, Stuart; Burton, G. Allen, Jr.
- Environmental toxicology and chemistry 2018 v.37 no.3 pp. 715-728
- urban runoff, etc ; ecosystems; ecotoxicology; emissions; environmental assessment; environmental quality; exposure duration; land use; models; prioritization; rain; risk; risk assessment; risk management; rivers; watersheds; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Ecological risk assessment increasingly focuses on risks from chemical mixtures and multiple stressors because ecosystems are commonly exposed to a plethora of contaminants and nonchemical stressors. To simplify the task of assessing potential mixture effects, we explored 3 land use–related chemical emission scenarios. We applied a tiered methodology to judge the implications of the emissions of c ...
- PubMed Central:
- Rämö, RobertA.; van den Brink, PaulJ.; Ruepert, Clemens; Castillo, LuisaE.; Gunnarsson, JonasS.
- Environmental science and pollution research international 2018 v.25 no.14 pp. 13254-13269
- runoff, etc ; adverse effects; algae; ametryn; arthropods; bananas; biodiversity; bromacil; carbaryl; chlorpyrifos; coasts; diazinon; difenoconazole; diuron; ecosystems; environmental assessment; ethoprophos; fish; fish kills; macroinvertebrates; macrophytes; mechanism of action; metabolism; models; pesticide mixtures; pineapples; plantations; pollution; rice; risk; risk assessment; rivers; terbufos; toxic substances; toxicity; water quality criteria; watersheds; zooplankton; Caribbean; Costa Rica; Show all 40 Subjects
- ... This study assesses the ecological risks (ERA) of pesticides to aquatic organisms in the River Madre de Dios (RMD), which receives surface runoff water from banana, pineapple, and rice plantations on the Caribbean coast of Costa Rica. Water samples collected over 2 years at five sites in the RMD revealed a total of 26 pesticides. Their toxicity risk to aquatic organisms was assessed using three re ...
- PubMed Central: