Jump to Main Content
- Schmidt, Chris A.; Comeau, Genevieve; Monaghan, Andrew J.; Williamson, Daniel J.; Ernst, Kacey C.
- Parasites & vectors 2018 v.11 no.1 pp. 267
- longevity, etc ; Aedes aegypti; adults; arboviruses; arid zones; dengue; environmental factors; females; humidity; interspecific variation; model uncertainty; models; mortality; population dynamics; regression analysis; risk; screening; systematic review; temperature; vapor pressure; virus transmission; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Transmission dynamics of mosquito-borne viruses such as dengue, Zika and chikungunya are affected by the longevity of the adult female mosquito. Environmental conditions influence the survival of adult female Aedes mosquitoes, the primary vectors of these viruses. While the association of temperature with Aedes mortality has been relatively well-explored, the role of humidity is less e ...
- PubMed Central:
- Short, Sarah M.; van Tol, Sarah; Smith, Brendan; Dong, Yuemei; Dimopoulos, George
- Parasites & vectors 2018 v.11 no.1 pp. 229
- longevity, etc ; Chromobacterium; Culicidae; adults; bacteria; biofilm; biological control agents; burden of disease; culture media; fecundity; females; genes; insecticidal properties; insecticides; larvae; midgut; mortality; progeny; stress response; transcription (genetics); vector control; xenobiotics; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Vector control is critical in reducing the disease burden caused by mosquitoes, and insecticides are an effective tool to control vector populations. Resistance to common insecticides is now widespread, and novel classes of insecticides are needed. In previous work, we described the mosquitocidal activity of Chromobacterium sp. Panama (C.sp_P), a bacterium found in association with mos ...
- PubMed Central: