Jump to Main Content
- Kocyłowski, Rafał; Lewicka, Iwona; Grzesiak, Mariusz; Gaj, Zuzanna; Oszukowski, Przemysław; von Kaisenberg, Constantin; Suliburska, Joanna
- Biological trace element research 2018 v.182 no.2 pp. 217-223
- umbilical arteries, etc ; atomic absorption spectrometry; blood sampling; blood serum; calcium; childbirth; copper; gestational age; iron; magnesium; mineral content; minerals; neonates; pregnancy; pregnant women; umbilical cord; umbilical veins; zinc; Poland; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... The mineral levels in maternal serum change during pregnancy and may be correlated with those of newborn cord blood. The aim of this study was to evaluate the concentrations of calcium (Ca), magnesium (Mg), zinc (Zn), iron (Fe), and copper (Cu) in maternal blood before and after delivery and in umbilical cord vein and artery serum. The study was carried out in 64 Caucasian pregnant women who deliv ...
- PubMed Central:
- Kajarabille, Naroa; Peña, Manuela; Díaz-Castro, Javier; Hurtado, Jose A.; Peña-Quintana, Luis; Iznaola, Carmen; Rodríguez-Santana, Yessica; Martin-Alvarez, Estefanía; López-Frias, Magdalena; Lara-Villoslada, Federico; Ochoa, Julio J.
- Journal of functional foods 2018 v.46 pp. 167-174
- umbilical arteries, etc ; biomarkers; bone resorption; corticotropin; cytosol; erythrocytes; fish; insulin; interleukin-6; lactation; leptin; mineral content; mothers; neonates; polyunsaturated fatty acids; pregnancy; pregnant women; randomized clinical trials; tumor necrosis factor-alpha; umbilical veins; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... The aim of this study was to evaluate for the first time the effect of omega-3 LC PUFA supplementation during pregnancy and lactation on bone metabolism in mothers and neonates. 110 pregnant women were divided in two groups: control group (400 mL/day of the control dairy drink); supplemented group (400 mL/day of the fish oil-enriched dairy drink). Plasma bone biomarkers and mineral content in eryt ...