Jump to Main Content
- Morales-Sillero, Ana, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Scientia horticulturae 2018 v.233 pp. 491-509
- Mediterranean diet; Olea europaea; basins; bioactive compounds; breeding programs; canopy; climate; cultivars; domestication; fruit trees; fruiting; functional foods; harvesting; irrigation; olives; raw materials; ripening; soil; staple foods; stone fruits; virgin olive oil
- ... More than 11 million ha of olives (Olea europaea L.) are currently grown worldwide, 98% of which are localized in the Mediterranean Basin, with olives being one of the most important fruit trees in the area. The olive fruit is a very particular drupe since it not may be directly consumed but must instead be processed. Table olives and virgin olive oil are the two main processed products derived fr ...
- Morales‐Sillero, Ana, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- European journal of lipid science and technology 2018 v.120 no.6 pp. e1800008
- color; cooperatives; crossing; cultivars; fermentation; firmness; fruits; genotype; industry; lactic acid bacteria; lipid content; new variety; olive oil; olives; raw fruit; raw materials
- ... Thirty‐three new genotypes coming from a table olive cross‐breeding program are evaluated to assess their adaptability to standard processes, namely Spanish‐style and black ripe olives. Different physical and chemical parameters are evaluated in fresh fruits, processed olives, and brines. Most of these traits exhibit large variability among all genotypes and within each cross. Seven new genotypes, ...