Jump to Main Content
- Yang, Hongwei, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Chemosphere 2018 v.191 pp. 335-341
- byproducts; chlorine; chlorine dioxide; disinfectants; disinfection; effluents; genotoxicity; iodine; irradiation; mutagens; ozone; wastewater
- ... Effluents before disinfection from four wastewater reclamation plants were treated with chlorine (Cl2), ozone (O3), chlorine dioxide (ClO2), medium-pressure ultraviolet (MPUV) and four different combinations of the above, to evaluate the effect of disinfection processes on the genotoxicity removal by the SOS/umu test. Results showed that the genotoxicity increased after MPUV irradiation (10–100 mJ ...
- Yang, Hongwei, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Water research 2018 v.130 pp. 322-332
- absorbance; bromates; bromides; bromination; byproducts; chlorination; disinfection; dissolved organic carbon; electrochemistry; haloacetic acids; hydrogen peroxide; hydroxyl radicals; oxidation; ozonation; ozone; surface water; water treatment
- ... The electro-peroxone (E-peroxone) process is an emerging ozone-based electrochemical advanced oxidation process that combines conventional ozonation with in-situ cathodic hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) production for oxidative water treatment. In this study, the effects of the E-peroxone pretreatment on disinfection by-product (DBP) formation from chlorination of a synthetic surface water were investiga ...