Jump to Main Content
- Banach, Joanna K.; Modzelewska‐Kapituła, Monika; Wichman, Konrad; Tkacz, Katarzyna; Żywica, Ryszard
- Journal of food processing and preservation 2018 v.42 no.4 pp. e13571
- electrical treatment, etc ; Holstein; beef; beef carcasses; bulls; cold treatment; heifers; meat tenderness; pH; postmortem changes; profitability; risk; shear stress; weight loss; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... The study was aimed at determining the effect of electrical stimulation (ES) and shock method of chilling on beef pH, tenderness and losses of half‐carcass weight. It was demonstrated that the use of treatments caused a rapid acceleration of the post mortem changes rate in heifers and cows half‐carcasses meat. ES accelerated pH decline in bulls half‐carcasses as well, however did not cause the dif ...
- Agbeniga, Babatunde; Webb, Edward C.
- Food research international 2018 v.105 pp. 793-800
- electrical treatment, etc ; beef carcasses; carcass weight; drip loss; electric power; feedlots; heat; meat; meat quality; muscles; pH; prices; sarcomeres; shear stress; slaughter; slaughterhouses; steers; temperature profiles; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... The effects of beef carcass weight on muscle pH/temperature profile and selected meat quality attributes were evaluated. Twenty-six carcasses from light (≤260kg, n=15) and heavy (≥290kg, n=11) feedlot steers were randomly allocated and stimulated with low voltage electrical stimulation (LVES) for 30s at 7min post-mortem (pm). Quality evaluations were carried out on samples from the Longissimus et ...