Jump to Main Content
- Żywica, Ryszard; Modzelewska-Kapituła, Monika; Banach, Joanna K.; Tkacz, Katarzyna
- International journal of food properties 2018 v.21 no.1 pp. 1386-1394
- electrical treatment, etc ; beef; beef quality; bulls; electric current; heifers; longissimus muscle; pH; slaughter; Show all 9 Subjects
- ... The aim of the present study was to determine mathematical relationships between pH changes in beef 24 h post-slaughter and changes in the intensity of electrical current flowing through bull and heifer carcasses during high-voltage electrical stimulation. The electrical stimulation was applied 40 min postmortem for 120 s. The pH values of m. longissimus thoracis et lumborum were analyzed in the f ...
- Banach, Joanna K.; Modzelewska‐Kapituła, Monika; Wichman, Konrad; Tkacz, Katarzyna; Żywica, Ryszard
- Journal of food processing and preservation 2018 v.42 no.4 pp. e13571
- electrical treatment, etc ; Holstein; beef; beef carcasses; bulls; cold treatment; heifers; meat tenderness; pH; postmortem changes; profitability; risk; shear stress; weight loss; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... The study was aimed at determining the effect of electrical stimulation (ES) and shock method of chilling on beef pH, tenderness and losses of half‐carcass weight. It was demonstrated that the use of treatments caused a rapid acceleration of the post mortem changes rate in heifers and cows half‐carcasses meat. ES accelerated pH decline in bulls half‐carcasses as well, however did not cause the dif ...