Jump to Main Content
- Bollella, Paolo; Hibino, Yuya; Kano, Kenji; Gorton, Lo; Antiochia, Riccarda
- Analytical and bioanalytical chemistry 2018 v.410 no.14 pp. 3253-3264
- calcium chloride, etc ; absorbance; active sites; aspartic acid; calcium; carbon electrodes; catalytic activity; cations; chelation; circular dichroism spectroscopy; cytochrome c; electron transfer; enzyme activity; fructose; glutamic acid; heme; magnesium chloride; oxidation; pH; potassium; potassium chloride; sodium; sodium chloride; Show all 23 Subjects
- ... We report on the influence of pH and monovalent/divalent cations on the catalytic current response, internal electron transfer (IET), and structure of fructose dehydrogenase (FDH) by using amperometry, spectrophotometry, and circular dichroism (CD). Amperometric measurements were performed on graphite electrodes, onto which FDH was adsorbed and the effect on the response current to fructose was in ...
- PubMed Central:
- McMurtrie, Erin K.; Johanningsmeier, Suzanne D.
- Journal of food quality 2018 v.2018
- calcium chloride, etc ; brining; calcium; color; cucumbers; firmness; lactic fermentation; mesocarp; pH; photooxidation; potassium sorbate; product quality; seasonal variation; sodium; sodium chloride; starter cultures; storage time; tanks; texture; wastewater; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... Commercial cucumber fermentation produces large volumes of salty wastewater. This study evaluated the quality of fermented cucumbers produced commercially using an alternative calcium chloride (CaCl₂) brining process. Fermentation conducted in calcium brines (0.1 M CaCl₂, 6 mM potassium sorbate, equilibrated) with a starter culture was compared to standard industrial fermentation. Production varia ...
- Chorus Open Access: