Jump to Main Content
- Balcomb, Christie C., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of veterinary internal medicine 2018 v.32 no.3 pp. 1283-1289
- adults; antagonists; blood serum; cannulas; clinical trials; digesta; half life; intravenous injection; pH; pancreatic ducts; pharmacokinetics; steers
- ... BACKGROUND: Abomasal ulceration is recognized in neonatal and adult cattle, but research regarding treatment is limited. Histamine‐2 receptor antagonists (H₂RA), such as famotidine, are used clinically with little evidence‐based research about efficacy in adult cattle. HYPOTHESIS AND OBJECTIVES: Intravenous famotidine administered at 0.4 mg/kg will increase the pH of abomasal outflow digesta compa ...
- PubMed Central:
- Christie, Peter, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- The Science of the total environment 2018 v.613-614 pp. 72-80
- Raphanus; agricultural soils; bioavailability; calcium chloride; food crops; food quality; guidelines; lead; models; nitric acid; pH; prediction; probability; radishes; regression analysis; soil solution; tissues
- ... Reliable models describing Pb transfer from soils to food crops are useful in the improvement of soil protection guidelines. This study provides mechanistic insights from in-situ soil solution measurement on the Pb uptake in the root tissues (RF) of radish, grown in 25 representative Pb-contaminated agricultural soils. Lead speciation and regression analysis indicate that >88.6% of the variation i ...