Jump to Main Content
- Ng, Yin Sim; Chan, Derek Juinn Chieh
- International journal of phytoremediation 2018 v.20 no.12 pp. 1179-1186
- Spirodela polyrhiza, etc ; Lemna; Salvinia molesta; ammonia; ammonium nitrogen; biomass production; chemical oxygen demand; eutrophication; guidelines; macrophytes; microbial activity; nitrate nitrogen; nitrates; organic matter; pH; phosphates; phytoremediation; wastewater; wastewater treatment; weather; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... Macrophytes have been used to mitigate eutrophication and upgrade effluent quality via their nutrient removal capability. However, the available data are influenced by factors such as microbial activities, weather, and wastewater quality, making comparison between nutrient removal performance of different macrophytes almost impossible. In this study, phytoremediation by Spirodela polyrhiza, Salvin ...
- Singh, Vineet; Pandey, Bhawna; Suthar, Surindra
- Chemosphere 2018 v.201 pp. 492-502
- Spirodela polyrhiza, etc ; acute exposure; amoxicillin; ascorbate peroxidase; biomarkers; carotenoids; catalase; chlorophyll; enzyme activity; fronds; hydrolysis; lipid content; lipids; nontarget organisms; oxidative stress; photolysis; phytoremediation; phytotoxicity; pigments; starch; superoxide dismutase; wastewater; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... The increasing availability of antibiotics in wastewater has created a serious threat to non-target organisms in the environment. The aim of this study was to evaluate the potential toxicity of amoxicillin on duckweed Spirodela polyrhiza during a short-term exposure (7 d). The duckweed was exposed to a range of environmentally relevant (0.0001–0.01 mg L−1) and high (0.1 and 1 mg L−1) concentration ...