Jump to Main Content
- Llambí, Luis D.; Hupp, Nicole; Saez, Agustin; Callaway, Ragan
- Perspectives in plant ecology, evolution and systematics 2018 v.30 pp. 82-88
- nurse plants, etc ; Rumex acetosella; alpine plants; correlation; ecosystems; flowers; indigenous species; introduced plants; nurses; plant communities; Andes region; Venezuela; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... Facilitation by nurse plants has received considerable attention, but the feedback effects of beneficiaries on the benefactor fitness remain comparatively unexplored. In particular, to our knowledge there have been no studies of feedback effects of exotic species on nurse plants. Furthermore, there have been few studies of how exotic plants interact with native beneficiaries, potentially generatin ...
- Zimmer, Anaïs; Meneses, Rosa I.; Rabatel, Antoine; Soruco, Alvaro; Dangles, Olivier; Anthelme, Fabien
- Perspectives in plant ecology, evolution and systematics 2018 v.30 pp. 89-102
- nurse plants, etc ; alpine plants; chronosequences; ecosystems; glaciation; global warming; plant communities; primary succession; species diversity; Andes region; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... Species range shifts and possible species extinctions in alpine regions are hypothesized being influenced by the increasing time lag between the velocity of global warming and the slowness of primary succession. We tested this hypothesis in tropical alpine environments above 4700 m a.s.l. (Central Andes) and we explored the underlying mechanisms at work by using four sites gradually deglaciated si ...