Jump to Main Content
- Lee, Kyung Min, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of polymer science 2018 v.56 no.15 pp. 1087-1093
- crosslinking; deformation; electric field; liquid crystals; optical isomerism; polymerization; polymers; wavelengths
- ... Polymerization of crosslinkable liquid crystal monomers in chiral liquid crystalline media stabilizes the phase and enables distinct electro‐optic properties relative to small‐molecule analogs. Particularly interesting are cases where the polymerization forms a crosslinked polymer network that maintains a “structural” chirality. Recent reports have employed this methodology to realize a diverse se ...
- Lee, Kyung Min, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- ACS applied materials & interfaces 2018 v.10 no.33 pp. 28062-28068
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; absorption; depolymerization; electrodes; electron transfer; light emitting diodes; liquefaction; nanosilver; nanowires; photons; polymers; temperature
- ... We demonstrate phototriggered depolymerization of a low ceiling temperature (Tc) polymer, poly(phthalaldehyde) (PPHA), via internal light emission from integrated organic light-emitting diodes (OLEDs) fabricated directly on flexible PPHA substrates with silver nanowire electrodes. The depolymerization of the PPHA substrates is triggered by absorption of the OLED emission by a sensitizer that activ ...