Jump to Main Content
- Mayfield, David B.; Skall, Daniel G.
- Environmental toxicology and chemistry 2018 v.37 no.5 pp. 1496-1508
- risk assessors, etc ; dose response; environmental assessment; lowest observed effect level; normal values; pesticide registration; risk assessment; wildlife; Show all 8 Subjects
- ... The effects characterization phase of ecological risk assessments (ERAs) often includes the selection or development of toxicity reference values (TRVs) for chemicals under investigation. In wildlife risk assessments, TRVs are thresholds represented by a dose or concentration associated with a specified adverse response. Traditionally, a TRV may be derived from an estimate of the no‐observed‐adver ...
- Levine, Steven L.; Borgert, Christopher J.
- Chemosphere 2018 v.209 pp. 124-136
- risk assessors, etc ; active ingredients; decision making; drugs; environmental assessment; food additives; herbicides; mechanism of action; mixing; pest resistance; pharmacology; risk assessment; risk management; toxicology; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Mixing pesticides with different modes of action can provide a wider spectrum of control with fewer applications compared to using single active ingredients and is essential for comprehensive management of pest resistance. Mixture studies with pesticides are performed to assess compatibility, combined efficacy, and potential for toxicological interactions that damage crops. The purpose of this pap ...