Jump to Main Content
- Meng, Yuting; Cave, Mark; Zhang, Chaosheng
- Applied geochemistry 2018 v.88 pp. 213-220
- alluvium, etc ; analysis of variance; estuaries; humans; pH; phosphorus; rivers; silicon; surveys; t-test; terraces; topsoil; urban areas; urbanization; water quality; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Soil phosphorus (P) has a strong impact on soil and water quality. Soils in urban areas tend to enrich P, however, they have not been adequately investigated. A total of 6467 top-soil samples were collected and analysed by the British Geological Survey, providing basic data for studying the top-soil P distribution patterns and their environmental implications. The hotspots and cool spots were iden ...
- Westerberg, Lars-Ove; Hagberg, Emilia
- Catena 2018 v.163 pp. 244-256
- alluvium, etc ; Andisols; El Nino; Entisols; aerial photography; arable soils; drainage; dry environmental conditions; dry season; drying; equations; geophysics; humans; irrigation systems; land use; landforms; landscapes; remote sensing; rivers; rockfalls; surveys; watersheds; wind erosion; Tanzania; Show all 24 Subjects
- ... Here we analyse geomorphic, pedologic and hydrologic processes of relevance to archaeological research on the pre-colonial irrigation system at Engaruka, Tanzania. Although archaeological studies have been carried out in Engaruka for several decades, geophysical processes have not been in focus, despite having the potential to contribute to the understanding of both the ancient irrigation system a ...