Jump to Main Content
- Welch, David W., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Canadian journal of fisheries and aquatic sciences 2018 v.75 no.11 pp. 2053-2068
- Flavobacterium psychrophilum; Oncorhynchus mykiss; acoustics; anadromous fish; biopsy; body condition; gene expression; genes; hatcheries; intrinsic factors; juveniles; migratory behavior; pathogens; physiological state; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; rivers; smolts; telemetry; transcriptome
- ... For anadromous Pacific salmonid (Oncorhynchus spp.) smolts, the physiological state of individuals can influence migration fate. This critical life stage is typically associated with poor survival and influences population productivity, highlighting the need to identify intrinsic factors associated with outmigration fate. To better understand and identify such factors, we combined acoustic telemet ...
- Welch, David W., et al. Show all 13 Authors
- Canadian journal of fisheries and aquatic sciences 2018 v.75 no.9 pp. 1511-1524
- Oncorhynchus nerka; adults; biopsy; biotelemetry; blood; fish; freshwater; gene expression; gene expression regulation; genes; genomics; microarray technology; mortality; protein synthesis; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; rivers; stress response; transcriptome
- ... To better understand the mechanisms that lead to marine mortality of homing adult sockeye salmon (Oncorhynchus nerka), gill and blood biopsies were used in combination with biotelemetry to demonstrate how survival to freshwater entry is related to gene expression and physiological indices of stress. Microarray analysis of gene expression indicated multiple biological processes, including immune an ...