Jump to Main Content
- Messerschmid, Clemens; Lange, Jens; Sauter, Martin
- Hydrological processes 2018 v.32 no.10 pp. 1375-1390
- West Bank, etc ; Cretaceous period; Mediterranean climate; altitude; aquifers; automation; bedrock; ephemeral streams; karsts; mountains; rain; rain intensity; runoff; soil science; storms; stream channels; subwatersheds; surface area; vegetation cover; winter; Mediterranean region; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... Run‐off transmission loss into karstified consolidated aquifer bedrock below ephemeral streams (wadis) has rarely been described nor quantified. This study presents unique data of long‐term high‐resolution field measurements and field observations in a semiarid to subhumid Mediterranean carbonatic mountainshed. The catchment with a 103 km² surface area is subdivided into 5 subcatchments. Coupled r ...
- Schmidt, Sebastian; Grimmeisen, Felix; Ries, Fabian; Goldscheider, Nico; Sauter, Martin
- Grundwasser 2018 v.23 no.1 pp. 59-72
- West Bank, etc ; Escherichia coli; aquifers; groundwater; groundwater recharge; karsts; models; monitoring; nitrates; runoff; soil water; soil water balance; springs (water); urbanization; water management; water quality; water supply; watersheds; Jordan; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... In the semi-arid eastern Mediterranean water supply is highly dependent on karst aquifers. The region is characterized by multi-year dry and wet cycles combined with high hydrological dynamics, especially during intense precipitation events. The investigated karst regions in the West Bank and Jordan are experiencing strong urbanization within the groundwater catchments and hence a rising impact on ...