Jump to Main Content
- Mutlu, Ceren; Arslan‐Tontul, Sultan; Candal, Cihadiye; Kilic, Ozlem; Erbas, Mustafa
- Journal of food science 2018 v.83 no.1 pp. 53-59
- popcorn, etc ; Zea mays; anthocyanins; antioxidant activity; color; crude fiber; gelatinization; linoleic acid; protein content; resistant starch; seeds; sensory properties; snacks; temperature; water activity; water content; Turkey (country); Show all 17 Subjects
- ... The aim of this study was to investigate some physicochemical and sensory properties of blue corn cultivated in Turkey. The length and width of the cob with kernels, hectoliter, and 1000‐kernel weight of blue corn were measured as 7.66, 2.02 mm, 84.40 kg/100 L, and 44.27 g, respectively. The gelatinization onset, peak, and end temperatures were measured as 61.12 °C, 64.35 °C, and 75.65 °C, respect ...
- Dowd, Patrick F.; Johnson, Eric T.
- Mitigation and adaptation strategies for global change 2018 v.23 no.7 pp. 1063-1081
- popcorn, etc ; Zea mays; breeding; climate change; climatic factors; crop production; crops; cultivars; ears; filling period; gene expression; heat; heat shock proteins; insects; microarray technology; resistance genes; root systems; seeds; stress tolerance; water stress; weather; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... Warming climatic conditions can pose problems for crop production in many parts of the world, but detailed information on the expression of heat and drought stress resistance genes of potentially affected crop plants is lacking. This information is important to have in order to most efficiently guide the breeding of crops that are adapted to new climatic conditions. A maize (Zea mays) gene microar ...