Jump to Main Content
- Braga, Lilian Rodrigues; Rangel, Ellen Tanus; Suarez, Paulo Anselmo Ziani; Machado, Fabricio
- Food packaging and shelf life 2018 v.15 pp. 122-129
- storage temperature, etc ; Aspergillus niger; Bacillus subtilis; Fusarium solani; ambient temperature; antimicrobial properties; breads; disk diffusion antimicrobial test; food packaging; food storage; fungi; ions; nanosilver; poly(vinyl chloride); shelf life; silver; solvents; storage time; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... In this work, active antimicrobial films were synthetized with 1.0% to 8.0% silver ions incorporated into polyvinyl chloride (PVC), utilizing a simple solvent casting method was accomplished in a single step. The incorporation of silver in the PVC affected the thermal, structural and antimicrobial properties of the films, which were observed via different characterization techniques. The antimicro ...
- Nguyen, Lieu Le Phuong; Hitka, G.; Zsom, T.
- Acta horticulturae 2018 no.1213 pp. 207-212
- storage temperature, etc ; 1-methylcyclopropene; Cucumis melo; acoustics; ambient temperature; cultivars; ethylene production; firmness; food storage; muskmelons; raw fruit; shelf life; storage time; taste; vegetables; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... 1-MCP provides the benefit of extending the postharvest life of fresh fruits and vegetables. The objective of this research was to evaluate the effect of 1-MCP treatment on muskmelons (Cucumis melo L. var. reticulates Naud.). Three different application temperatures (5,10 and 20°C) and two cultivars of melons (‘Centro’ and ‘Lillo’) were investigated. During the 24-h long treatments the control mel ...