Jump to Main Content
- Youneszadeh-Fashalami, Mohammad; Salati, Amir Parviz; Keyvanshokooh, Saeed
- Comparative biochemistry and physiology 2018 v.27 pp. 23-29
- Acipenser ruthenus; abnormal development; aquaculture; eggs; energy; estradiol; fatty acid-binding proteins; glutathione peroxidase; glycolipids; heat shock proteins; mass spectrometry; nucleoside-diphosphate kinase; phosphopyruvate hydratase; photomorphogenesis; protein synthesis; sexual maturity; sturgeon; testosterone; thioredoxins; translation (genetics); triose-phosphate isomerase; two-dimensional gel electrophoresis; vitellogenin
- ... One of the challenges of sturgeon aquaculture is that sturgeon takes an extended amount of time to reach sexual maturity. The pattern of the protein expression in relation to the late maturity of sturgeon can help to better understand changes in sexual maturity. 17β-estradiol (E2), testosterone (T) and vitellogenin (Vtg) levels were examined at all stages of sexual maturation in Sterlet sturgeon ( ...
- Abdollahpour, Hamed; Falahatkar, Bahram; Efatpanah, Iraj; Meknatkhah, Bahman; Van Der Kraak, Glen
- Aquaculture 2018 v.497 pp. 134-139
- Acipenser ruthenus; aquaculture; body weight; breeding stock; coconut oil; eggs; fecundity; females; gonadotropin-releasing hormone; hatching; intramuscular injection; larvae; larval development; luteinization; oocytes; ovulation; postlarvae; progeny; reproductive success; spawning; specific growth rate; sturgeon; thyroxine
- ... This study set out to examine the effects of thyroxine (T4) on reproductive success of female Sterlet sturgeon broodstock and subsequent growth and development of the larval offspring. Fish received four intraperitoneal injections of coconut oil (controls), 1 mg T4/kg body weight (BW) in coconut oil (T₁) or 10 mg T4/kg BW in coconut oil (T₁₀) over a 170-day treatment period. Ovulation was induced ...