Jump to Main Content
- Chen, Xiaodong, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Pedobiologia 2018 v.71 pp. 41-49
- Cytophagales; Sphingobacteriales; agricultural soils; ammonium; bacterial communities; denitrification; dissolved organic nitrogen; enzyme activity; freeze-thaw cycles; freezing; frost; microorganisms; mineralization; nitrates; nitrification; temperate soils; temperature; thawing
- ... Freeze–thaw (FT) events can influence the soil nitrogen (N) availability, although their effect on the diversity of bacterial communities during these processes remains uncertain. To test our hypothesis that close relationships exist between dissolved N pools (including NO3−, NH4+, NO3− + NH4+, and dissolved organic N [DON]), N transformation processes (including N mineralization, N immobilization ...
- Chen, Xiaodong, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Fuel processing technology 2018 v.179 pp. 86-98
- X-ray diffraction; carbonates; coal; gasification; liquids; minerals; phase transition; slags; sodium; sulfates; temperature; thermogravimetry; viscosity
- ... Alkali species in coal play an important role in mineral matter reactions during gasification. Brown coal ashes can be high in sodium (up to 20 wt%), which interacts with other minerals to significantly affect the formation of slag (liquid phase). At high temperatures, sodium in slag affects phase equilibria, liquidus temperature, and slag viscosity. We investigated phase transformations in brown ...