Jump to Main Content
- Yang, Jian Li, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Planta 2018 v.248 no.4 pp. 893-907
- Solanum lycopersicum; cadmium; crops; enzyme activity; nitrate reductase; nitrates; nitric oxide; pollutants; polluted soils; promoter regions; roots; tomatoes; toxicity; transcription factors
- ... MAIN CONCLUSION: An SPL-type transcription factor, LeSPL-CNR, is negatively involved in NO production by modulating SlNR expression and nitrate reductase activity, which contributes to Cd tolerance. Cadmium (Cd) is a highly toxic pollutant. Identifying factors affecting Cd accumulation in plants is a prerequisite for minimizing dietary uptake of Cd from crops grown with contaminated soil. Here, we ...
- Yang, Jian Li, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Plant, cell and environment 2018 v.41 no.4 pp. 809-822
- Arabidopsis; Vigna umbellata; Xenopus; aluminum; carbon; citrates; electrophysiology; oocytes; secretion; toxicity; transcription (genetics); transcription factors; transporters
- ... Aluminum (Al)‐induced organic acid secretion from the root apex is an important Al resistance mechanism. However, it remains unclear how plants fine‐tune root organic acid secretion which can contribute significantly to the loss of fixed carbon from the plant. Here, we demonstrate that Al‐induced citrate secretion from the rice bean root apex is biphasic, consisting of an early phase with low secr ...