Jump to Main Content
- Chen, You-Peng, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2018 v.257 pp. 7-16
- activated sludge; bacteria; biomass production; denitrifying microorganisms; dissolved oxygen; energy; enzyme activity; metabolism; nitrates; nitrites; oxygen; proteins; wastewater treatment
- ... Sludge reduction based on regulating substrate allocation between catabolism and anabolism as a strategy is proposed to reduce energy and chemicals consumption during wastewater treatment. The results indicated that a sludge reduction of 14.8% and excellent nutrient removal were simultaneously achieved in the low dissolved oxygen (LDO) activated sludge system with a hydraulic retention time of 24 ...
- Chen, You-Peng, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Environmental science and pollution research international 2018 v.25 no.10 pp. 9797-9805
- biofilm; biofouling; bioreactors; diffusivity; dissolved oxygen; models; oxygen; wastewater treatment
- ... In wastewater treatment, oxygen effective diffusion coefficient (D ₑff) is a key parameter in the study of oxygen diffusion-reaction process and mechanism in biofilms. Almost all the reported methods for estimating the D ₑff rely on other biokinetic parameters, such as substrate consumption rate and reaction rate constant. Then, the estimation was complex. In this study, a method independent of ot ...