Jump to Main Content
- Zhen, Shoumin, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2018 v.98 no.11 pp. 4357-4368
- Triticum aestivum; breadmaking quality; dough; filling period; gene expression regulation; gliadin; gluten; glutenins; grain yield; protein content; proteome; proteomics; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; starch granules; storage proteins; transcription (genetics); transcription factors; two-dimensional gel electrophoresis; ultra-performance liquid chromatography; viscoelasticity; wheat
- ... BACKGROUND: Water deficiency affects grain proteome dynamics and storage protein compositions, resulting in changes in gluten viscoelasticity. In this study, the effects of field water deficit on wheat breadmaking quality and grain storage proteins were investigated. RESULTS: Water deficiency produced a shorter grain‐filling period, a decrease in grain number, grain weight and grain yield, a reduc ...
- Zhen, Shoumin, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2018 v.98 no.6 pp. 2156-2167
- Aegilops umbellulata; Triticum aestivum; breadmaking quality; dough; dough development; endosperm; genes; glutenins; introgression; loaves; prediction; protein bodies; rheological properties; substitution lines; wheat; wheat gluten
- ... BACKGROUND: Wheat‐related genomes may carry new glutenin genes with the potential for quality improvement of breadmaking. In this study, we estimated the gluten quality properties of the wheat line CNU609 derived from crossing between Chinese Spring (CS, Triticum aestivum L., 2n = 6x = 42, AABBDD) and the wheat Aegilops umbellulata (2n = 2x = 14, UU) 1U(1B) substitution line, and investigated the ...