Jump to Main Content
- Haag, Regula, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Environmental science & technology 2018 v.52 no.18 pp. 10709-10718
- air quality; catalytic activity; coatings; emissions; filters; filtration; gasoline; mutagens; nanoparticles; polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons; prototypes; soot; toxicity
- ... The fast replacement of traditional gasoline port-fuel injection technology with gasoline direct-injection (GDI) vehicles is expected to have a substantial impact on urban air quality. Herein we report on effects of four prototype gasoline particle filters (GPFs) on exhausts of a 1.6 L Euro-5 GDI vehicle. Two noncoated and two filters with catalytic coatings were investigated. These filters, on av ...
- Haag, Regula, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Atmospheric environment 2018 v.178 pp. 242-254
- World Health Organization; air quality; atmospheric chemistry; blood circulation; carcinogens; cities; combustion; filters; gasoline; humans; lung neoplasms; lungs; mutagens; nanoparticles; particulate emissions; polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons; risk; roads; soot; toxicity; Europe
- ... Gasoline direct injection (GDI) vehicles quickly replace traditional port-fuel injection (PFI) vehicles in Europe reaching about 50 million vehicles on roads in 2020. GDI vehicles release large numbers of soot nanoparticles similar to conventional diesel vehicles without particle filters. These exhausts will increasingly affect air quality in European cities. We hypothesized that such particles ar ...