Jump to Main Content
- Tena, A., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Biological control 2018 v.127 pp. 64-69
- Citrus; Hypoaspis; Planococcus citri; biological control; biological control agents; diet; eggs; fecundity; females; instars; nymphs; pests; predation; predatory mites; soil
- ... Soil-dwelling predatory mites are important biocontrol agents of several pests. Despite their wide prey range, they have never been evaluated as predators of mealybugs that inhabit the soil. Here, we tested the potential of the soil mite Gaeolaelaps (Hypoaspis) aculeifer (Canestrini) (Acari: Laelapidae) as a predator of the invasive citrus mealybug Delottococcus aberiae (De Lotto) (Hemiptera: Pseu ...
- Reyes-Tena, A., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Australasian plant disease notes 2018 v.13 no.1 pp. 6
- Pythium; corn; genes; internal transcribed spacers; pathogenicity; pathogens; root rot; species identification; Mexico
- ... Here we show that Pythium arrhenomanes is a causal agent of root rot on maize. The pathogen was isolated from diseased root tissue collected from a conventional maize crop in Michoacan, during 2015. For taxonomic identification, the obtained isolate was used for morphological characteristics and molecular analysis (ITS and COXII genes). Pathogenicity tests confirmed that P. arrhenomanes causes roo ...