Jump to Main Content
- Gamarra, David; Aldai, Noelia; Arakawa, Aisaku; Barron, Luis Javier R.; López-Oceja, Andrés; de Pancorbo, Marian M.; Taniguchi, Masaaki
- BMC veterinary research 2018 v.14 no.1 pp. 167
- conjugated linoleic acid, etc ; Holstein; Salers; adipose tissue; beef; beef cattle; bulls; cows; fatty acid composition; gene expression; genotype; heifers; lipid metabolism; nutritive value; oleic acid; stearoyl-CoA desaturase; sterols; subcutaneous fat; transcription factors; veterinary medicine; Spain; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: The fatty acid (FA) composition of adipose tissue influences the nutritional quality of meat products. The unsaturation level of FAs is determined by fatty acid desaturases such as stearoyl-CoA desaturases (SCDs), which are under control of the transcription factor sterol regulatory element-binding protein (SREBP). Differences in SCD genotype may thus confer variations in lipid metabol ...
- PubMed Central:
- Sung, Yoon-Young; Kim, Dong-Seon; Kim, Seung-Hyung; Kim, Ho Kyoung
- BMC complementary and alternative medicine 2018 v.18 no.1 pp. 105
- conjugated linoleic acid, etc ; AMP-activated protein kinase; Allium fistulosum; Garcinia; Japanese bunching onions; adipocytes; adiponectin; adipose tissue; alternative medicine; anti-obesity agents; blood lipids; blood serum; common cold; ferulic acid; functional foods; headache; heart diseases; high fat diet; high performance liquid chromatography; influenza; insulin-like growth factor I; leptin; lipid composition; liver; males; medicinal plants; mice; obesity; oral administration; quercetin; tissue weight; weight control; weight loss; Show all 33 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Allium fistulosum (Welsh onion) is a traditional medicinal plant used for the treatment of colds, influenza, abdominal pain, headache, and heart disease. This study evaluated the effects of A. fistulosum ethanolic extract (AFE) and aqueous extract (AFW) on body weight and other obesity-related parameters. METHODS: Male 8-week-old C57BL/6 J mice were fed either a standard chow diet (nor ...
- PubMed Central: