Jump to Main Content
- Söbbeler, Franz Josef; Carrera, Inés; Pasloske, Kirby; Ranasinghe, Millagahamada Gedara; Kircher, Patrick; Kästner, Sabine Beate Rita
- BMC veterinary research 2018 v.14 no.1 pp. 69
- isoflurane, etc ; Beagle; adults; analysis of variance; blood glucose; brain; choline; creatine; cross-over studies; data analysis; dogs; experimental design; ganglia; glucose; glutamine; inositols; lactic acid; magnetic resonance imaging; metabolism; metabolites; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; scanners; spectral analysis; triacylglycerols; veterinary medicine; water content; Show all 26 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: The purpose of this study was to determine the effects of isoflurane, sevoflurane, propofol and alfaxalone on the canine brain metabolite bioprofile, measured with single voxel short echo time proton magnetic resonance spectroscopy at 3 Tesla. Ten adult healthy Beagle dogs were assigned to receive isoflurane, sevoflurane, propofol and alfaxalone at 3 different dose rates each in a rand ...
- PubMed Central:
- Sasaoka, K.; Nakamura, K.; Osuga, T.; Morita, T.; Yokoyama, N.; Morishita, K.; Sasaki, N.; Ohta, H.; Takiguchi, M.
- Journal of veterinary internal medicine 2018 v.32 no.1 pp. 314-323
- isoflurane, etc ; anesthesia; blood flow; cross-sectional studies; dogs; humans; hypertension; magnetic resonance imaging; ultrasonography; Show all 9 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Transcranial Doppler ultrasound examination (TCD) is a rapid, noninvasive technique used to evaluate cerebral blood flow and is useful for the detection of intracranial hypertension in humans. However, the clinical usefulness of TCD in diagnosing intracranial hypertension has not been demonstrated for intracranial diseases in dogs. OBJECTIVES: To determine the association between the T ...
- PubMed Central: