Jump to Main Content
- Leishangthem, Geeta Devi, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Journal of parasitic diseases 2018 v.42 no.3 pp. 467-469
- Strongyloides stercoralis; Varanus bengalensis; color; histopathology; intestinal mucosa; lizards; nematode larvae; parasitoses; small intestine
- ... The present study reports a case of an incidental Strongyloides stercoralis infection in the intestine of an Indian monitor lizard (Varanus bengalensis). Nematode larvae were embedded in the mucosa of the small intestine. The nematodes were small, whitish in colour and measures (2.16 ± 69.85) mm length and (206.75 ± 38.85) µm width. Histopathologically, the intestine showed tufting of degenerated ...
- PubMed Central:
- Leishangthem, Geeta Devi, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Veterinary research communications 2018 v.42 no.4 pp. 275-282
- California mastitis test; blood serum; bovine mastitis; cytokines; domestic animals; epithelial cells; genes; inflammation; mammary glands; milk; mitochondria; mitochondrial DNA; mitochondrial genome; nitric oxide; oxidative stress; polymerase chain reaction; veterinary medicine
- ... Mastitis is inflammation of mammary gland affecting all the species of domestic animals. Fragments of the mitochondrial genome released from dying cells are considered surrogate markers of mitochondrial injury. We hypothesized that bovine mastitis would be associated with increased cell free mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) content in serum and milk. Milk and serum samples were collected from sub-clinica ...