Jump to Main Content
- Luo, Dongsheng, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Innovative food science & emerging technologies 2018 v.49 pp. 1-12
- aerobes; bacteria; beverages; chlorophyll; color; economic valuation; fruit juices; high pressure treatment; juice industry; kiwifruit; microbiological quality; molds (fungi); pH; pomace; selenium; shelf life; storage temperature; storage time; titratable acidity; total soluble solids; viscosity; yeasts
- ... Selenium (Se) distribution was investigated and a comparative study was carried out into the effects of high hydrostatic pressure (HHP) and high temperature short time (HTST) treatments on quality for both clear and cloudy Se-enriched kiwifruit juice (clear-SKJ, cloudy-SKJ). Organic Se which accounted for 62.32% has a wider distribution than inorganic Se in kiwifruits and mainly comprising Se-prot ...
- Luo, Dongsheng, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2018 v.66 no.22 pp. 5612-5620
- Lewis bases; dimethyl disulfide; dimethyl sulfide; heat treatment; juices; melons; methanethiol; methionine; odors; off flavors
- ... Cooked off-flavor components were identified, and their formation mechanisms were studied in heat-treated melon juices. When flavor dilution analysis methods and odor activity values were used to evaluate the cooked off-flavor in heat-treated melon juice, four volatile sulfide compounds (VSCs) were identified as contributors to the cooked off-flavor: dimethyl disulfide (DMDS), dimethyl trisulfide ...