Jump to Main Content
- Hoshii, Takayuki, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Cell 2018 v.172 pp. 1007-1021.e17
- DNA damage; apoptosis; cell viability; chromatin; cyclins; gene expression; genes; histones; interphase; lysine; methylation; methyltransferases; mutagenesis; myeloid leukemia; screening
- ... MLL/SET methyltransferases catalyze methylation of histone 3 lysine 4 and play critical roles in development and cancer. We assessed MLL/SET proteins and found that SETD1A is required for survival of acute myeloid leukemia (AML) cells. Mutagenesis studies and CRISPR-Cas9 domain screening show the enzymatic SET domain is not necessary for AML cell survival but that a newly identified region termed ...
- Hoshii, Takayuki, et al. Show all 13 Authors
- Biochemical and biophysical research communications 2018 v.495 no.1 pp. 1129-1135
- adults; energy; growth factors; hematopoiesis; hematopoietic stem cells; homeostasis; irradiation; metabolism; mice; nutrients; rapamycin; regulatory sequences
- ... The mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR) complex 1 (mTORC1) senses a cell's energy status and environmental levels of nutrients and growth factors. In response, mTORC1 mediates signaling that controls protein translation and cellular metabolism. Although mTORC1 plays a critical role in hematopoiesis, it remains unclear which upstream stimuli regulate mTORC1 activity in the context of hematopoietic ...