Jump to Main Content
- Widdicombe, Stephen, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Regional studies in marine science 2018 v.24 pp. 379-391
- benthic zone; carbon; case studies; ecosystem services; ecosystems; environmental factors; estuaries; eutrophication; littoral zone; marine science; monitoring; nitrates; organic matter; remediation; risk; species diversity; Scotland
- ... Despite a wealth of methods currently proposed by the European Water Framework Directive (WFD) to assess macro-benthic integrity, determining good ecological status (GES) and assessing ecosystem recovery following anthropogenic degradation is still one of the biggest challenges in marine ecology research. In this study, our aim was to test a number of commonly used structural (e.g. Shannon–Wiener, ...
- Widdicombe, Stephen, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Journal of experimental marine biology and ecology 2018 v.502 pp. 211-226
- Nematoda; carbon dioxide; ecosystems; estuaries; fauna; free-living nematodes; greenhouse gas emissions; microbial communities; ocean acidification; sand; seawater; temperature; Scotland
- ... Global concern over increasing CO2 emissions, and the resultant CO2 driven temperature rises and changes in seawater chemistry, necessitates the advancement of understanding into how these changes will affect marine life now and in the future. Here we report on an experimental investigation into the effects of increased CO2 concentration and elevated temperature on sedimentary meiofaunal communiti ...