Jump to Main Content
- Zhao, Wenqing, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Industrial crops and products 2018 v.117 pp. 393-403
- bioenergy industry; biosynthesis; carbon; cottonseed; energy; fatty acid composition; filling period; glucose 6-phosphate; nutrition; oleic acid; phosphatidate phosphatase; phosphoenolpyruvate carboxylase; plant density; plant fats and oils; seedlings; soil; triacylglycerols
- ... Enhancement of triacylglycerol (TAG) and oleic acid accumulation in cottonseed is desirable as it is world’s sixth largest source of plant oil in addition to its potential application in biofuel industry and material industry. In this two years study, economic N management technology, optimal plant density and simplified seedling raising technology were integrated to investigate the systematic adv ...
- Zhao, Wenqing, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Plant physiology and biochemistry 2018 v.123 pp. 242-251
- air temperature; amino acids; biomass production; chronic exposure; cotton; enzyme activity; flooded conditions; flowering; glutamate synthase (ferredoxin); glutamate-ammonia ligase; leaves; nitrogen; nitrogen metabolism; phytomass; plant stress; protein degradation; proteinases; river valleys; water stress; Yangtze River
- ... Short-term waterlogging and chronic elevated temperature occur frequently in the Yangtze River Valley, yet the effects of these co-occurring environments on nitrogen metabolism of the subtending leaf (a major source leaf for boll development) have received little attention. In this study, plants were exposed to two temperature regimes (31.6/26.5 °C and 34.1/29.0 °C) and waterlogging events (0 d, 3 ...