Jump to Main Content
- Tribovillard, Nicolas, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Palaeogeography, palaeoclimatology, palaeoecology 2018 v.497 pp. 37-51
- Devonian period; anaerobic conditions; basins; euphotic zone; gamma radiation; organic matter; petroleum; plankton; primary productivity; rocks; sea level; sediments; stratigraphy; Libya
- ... The organic-rich deposits of Late Devonian age are the second most important petroleum source rocks in the Ghadames Basin (Libya). From available stratigraphy, the peak of organic matter deposition, corresponding to a level of radioactive shales easily recognized in gamma ray logs, occurred at the Frasnian-Famennian transition. The present study was focused on samples from borehole D1–26, located ...
- Tribovillard, Nicolas, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Palaeogeography, palaeoclimatology, palaeoecology 2018 v.495 pp. 24-41
- Cambrian period; Cnidaria; algae; arthropods; basins; benthic organisms; biodiversity; case studies; environmental factors; fossils; geochemistry; habitats; pyrite; sediments; suspension feeding; China
- ... The link between environmental perturbations, especially oceanic redox conditions, and evolution during the “Cambrian Biodiversification” event is still highly controversial, although this issue has attracted considerable attention for decades. We here report on the fossil record of the early Cambrian biota discovered in the uppermost Yanjiahe and Shuijingtuo formations that crop out in the Luojia ...