Jump to Main Content
- Feist, Florian, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Wood science and technology 2018 v.52 no.6 pp. 1451-1471
- Picea abies; engineering; high-value products; interferometry; models; wood
- ... In contemporary wood science, computer-aided engineering (CAE) systems are commonly used for designing and engineering of high-value products. In diverse CAE systems, high-fidelity models with a full material description, including elastic constants such as Poisson’s ratios, are needed. Only few studies have dealt so far with the investigation of the Poisson’s ratio of spruce wood (Picea abies (L. ...
- Feist, Florian, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of the American Chemical Society 2018 v.140 no.37 pp. 11848-11854
- aqueous solutions; cycloaddition reactions; irradiation; light; polymers; solvents
- ... We introduce a photocaged diene system (o-quinodimethane thioethers) based on o-methylbenzaldehydes (o-MBAs) that can be activated with visible light. The pioneered system is accessible in a single step from commercially available starting materials in excellent yields. Variable synthetic handles can be attached to the photocaged diene, often without elaborate protecting group chemistry. Full conv ...