Jump to Main Content
- Gotthard, Karl, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Molecular ecology 2018 v.27 no.18 pp. 3613-3626
- Pararge aegeria; alleles; backcrossing; butterflies; carnitine acetyltransferase; diapause; genetic variation; heterozygosity; kinesin; latitude; life history; loci; photoperiod; single nucleotide polymorphism
- ... Diapause is a life history strategy allowing individuals to arrest development until favourable conditions return, and it is commonly induced by shortened day length that is latitude specific for local populations. Although understanding the evolutionary dynamics of a threshold trait like diapause induction provides insights into the adaptive process and adaptive potential of populations, the gene ...
- Gotthard, Karl, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- The journal of animal ecology 2018 v.87 no.1 pp. 150-161
- butterflies; climatic factors; flowering; host plants; oviposition; phenology; phenotypic plasticity; phytophagous insects; plasticity; spring; temperature
- ... Climate‐driven changes in the relative phenologies of interacting species may potentially alter the outcome of species interactions. Phenotypic plasticity is expected to be important for short‐term response to new climate conditions, and differences between species in plasticity are likely to influence their temporal overlap and interaction patterns. As reaction norms of interacting species may be ...