Jump to Main Content
- Kassim, Azman, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Sustainability 2018 v.10 no.8
- data collection; geographic information systems; groundwater; landslides; models; monsoon season; prediction; safety factor; soil depth; spatial data; wetting front; Malaysia
- ... This study was conducted to estimate the susceptibility of landslides on a test site in Malaysia (Hulu Kelang area). A Geographic Information system (GIS)-based physical model named YS-Slope, which integrates a mechanistic infinite slope stability method and the geo-hydrological model was applied to calculate the safety factor of the test site. Input data, slopes, soil-depth, elevations, soil prop ...
- Kassim, Azman, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Environmental earth sciences 2018 v.77 no.16 pp. 589
- humid zones; landslides; sand; soil
- ... Rainfall-induced landslide is a common geohazard in tropical and humid regions. Capillary barrier system (CBS) is a popular and widely studied mitigating measure for rainfall-induced landslides. However, several previous studies have shown that the performance of the conventional CBS under intense rainfalls has not been particularly convincing. This paper aims to explore the feasibility and effect ...