Jump to Main Content
- Afonso, Claudio L., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of virological methods 2018 v.251 pp. 1-6
- Newcastle disease virus; allantoic fluid; antibodies; antigens; chickens; flow cytometry; formalin; heat; ligands; macrophages; phenotype; phosphates; splenocytes; ultraviolet radiation
- ... Inactivation of Newcastle disease virus (NDV) has been routinely achieved with heat, β-propiolactone, binary ethylenimine, ultraviolet light and formalin. However, these strategies have not been tested for cell surface ligand or receptor phenotype in viral-infected chicken immune cells. To study the capacity of fixation buffers to preserve surface markers while inactivating NDV, a primary splenocy ...
- Afonso, Claudio L., et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Virology journal 2018 v.15 no.1 pp. 179
- Newcastle disease; Newcastle disease virus; diagnostic techniques; eggs; genetic variation; genotype; poultry industry; prediction; protocols; sequence analysis; virulence
- ... BACKGROUND: Newcastle disease (ND) outbreaks are global challenges to the poultry industry. Effective management requires rapid identification and virulence prediction of the circulating Newcastle disease viruses (NDV), the causative agent of ND. However, these diagnostics are hindered by the genetic diversity and rapid evolution of NDVs. METHODS: An amplicon sequencing (AmpSeq) workflow for virul ...
- Afonso, Claudio L., et al. Show all 13 Authors
- Virology journal 2018 v.15 no.1 pp. 9
- Columba livia; RNA; Respirovirus; genetic variation; genome; genomics; high-throughput nucleotide sequencing; immunohistochemistry; kidneys; liver; mortality; phylogeny; pigeons; poultry; retrospective studies; spleen; subgenotype; tissues; virulence; viruses; wild birds; United States
- ... BACKGROUND: Newcastle disease viruses (NDV) are highly contagious and cause disease in both wild birds and poultry. A pigeon-adapted variant of genotype VI NDV, often termed pigeon paramyxovirus 1, is commonly isolated from columbids in the United States and worldwide. Complete genomic characterization of these genotype VI viruses circulating in wild columbids in the United States is limited, and ...
- PubMed Central: