Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: svein?
- Agnarsson, Sveinn, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Environmental science & policy 2018 v.90 pp. 91-101
- auctions; capital; environmental science; fisheries law; haddock; issues and policy; overfishing; ownership; politics; profitability; Faroe Islands
- ... The home fishery in the Faroe Islands has since 1996 been managed predominantly with fishing days. The system has proven ineffective and has led to overfishing, fleet overcapacity, and low profitability in the home fishery. A process of reform began in 2007 when fishing licenses were terminated, effective from January 1, 2018. A fisheries policy reform was adopted by the Faroese Parliament in Dece ...
- Agnarsson, Sveinn, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Ocean & coastal management 2018 v.163 pp. 141-150
- business enterprises; debt; economic crises; fisheries; fisheries management; fishing boats; harvesting; income; leasing; marine resources; profitability; profits and margins; taxes; variance; Iceland
- ... In 1990, Iceland established a comprehensive fisheries management system based on individual transferable quotas (ITQs). Simultaneously, low-cost licence fees, which the fishing industry paid to the government, were introduced. As the ITQ system became more mature and the financial performance of the fisheries improved, there was increasing public demand for the sharing of its resource rent. A spe ...
- Agnarsson, Sveinn, et al. Show all 26 Authors
- Fish and fisheries 2018 v.19 no.2 pp. 363-376
- collaborative management; computer simulation; cost effectiveness; ecosystems; fisheries; fishery resources; planning; stakeholders
- ... We present a framework for results‐based management (RBM) of commercial fisheries. The core idea of RBM is to reduce micromanagement by delegating management responsibility to resource users. The RBM framework represents an industrial organization approach to co‐management and comprises three defining processes, conducted by three independent “agents”: (i) an “authority” defines specific and measu ...