Jump to Main Content
- Appleton, K M, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- TheAmerican journal of clinical nutrition 2018 v.107 no.3 pp. 405-419
- beverages; children; cohort studies; diet; dietary exposure; experimental design; food choices; humans; public health; sugars; sweetness; systematic review
- ... There are consistent, evidence-based global public health recommendations to reduce intakes of free sugars. However, the corresponding evidence for recommending reduced exposure to sweetness is less clear. Our aim was to identify and review the published evidence investigating the impact of dietary exposure to sweet-tasting foods or beverages on the subsequent generalized acceptance, preference, o ...
- Appleton, K. M., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of human nutrition and dietetics 2018 v.31 no.1 pp. 121-130
- foods; portion size; questionnaires; vegetable consumption; vegetables; United Kingdom
- ... BACKGROUND: This project aimed to understand the details of the 5‐a‐day fruit and vegetable (FV) message (which foods are included, portion sizes, the need for variety, reasons for consumption) least known by UK consumers, and most associated with low FV consumption. METHODS: Study 1 assessed FV consumption, knowledge of the details of the message, and relationships between these, using a short qu ...