Jump to Main Content
- Bas, Yves, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Biological conservation 2018 v.226 pp. 205-214
- Myotis; Nyctalus; Pipistrellus pipistrellus; Plecotus; autumn; energy; habitat destruction; habitat preferences; mortality; natural resources conservation; wildlife; wind farms; wind power; wind turbines
- ... Wind energy is rapidly growing as a renewable source of energy but is not neutral for wildlife, especially bats. Whereas most studies have focused on bat mortality through collision, very few have quantified the loss of habitat use resulting from the potential negative impact of wind turbines, and none of them for hub heights higher than 55 m. Such impacts could durably affect populations, creatin ...
- Bas, Yves, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Landscape and urban planning 2018 v.175 pp. 123-135
- Eptesicus; Myotis; Nyctalus; Pipistrellus; biodiversity; biological corridors; lamps; landscapes; pollution; wildlife
- ... Light pollution is a major threat to biodiversity worldwide. There is a crucial need to elaborate artificial lighting recommendations to mitigate its impact on wildlife. In the present study, we investigated how streetlight spatial position and light trespass impacted the use of ecological corridors by transiting bats in anthropogenic landscapes. Through a paired, in situ experiment, we estimated ...