Jump to Main Content
- Brkić Bubola, Karolina, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Food research international 2018 v.112 pp. 78-89
- bitterness; burning; case studies; multivariate analysis; odors; phenols; terpenoids; virgin olive oil; volatile compounds
- ... To investigate if the anecdotal varietal typicity concepts for two monovarietal virgin olive oils (VOO) can be scientifically supported and explained, VOO samples were sorted according to typicity grade and related to sensory and compositional data for volatiles and phenols. Clear inter-varietal, as well as intra-varietal boundaries between more and less typical samples were established by univari ...
- Brkić Bubola, Karolina, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Lebensmittel-Wissenschaft + [i.e. und] Technologie 2018 v.87 pp. 194-202
- Olea europaea; cultivars; oleuropein; olives; phenols; ripening; sensory evaluation; temperature; virgin olive oil
- ... To investigate the possibilities of balancing the concentrations of phenols and volatiles in virgin olive oil from a late-ripening olive (Olea europaea L.) cultivar, the effects of ripening degree, malaxation duration, and temperature were investigated. Olives were harvested at three ripening degrees and processed by malaxation at 21/30 °C, for 30/60 min, respectively. The most important phenols a ...