Jump to Main Content
- Buysse, Daniel J., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Biometrics 2018 v.74 no.1 pp. 260-269
- Markov chain; Monte Carlo method; biometry; caregivers; elderly; heart rate; sleep; spectral analysis; time series analysis
- ... Many studies of biomedical time series signals aim to measure the association between frequency‐domain properties of time series and clinical and behavioral covariates. However, the time‐varying dynamics of these associations are largely ignored due to a lack of methods that can assess the changing nature of the relationship through time. This article introduces a method for the simultaneous and a ...
- PubMed Central:
- Buysse, Daniel J., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of the American Statistical Association 2018 v.113 no.521 pp. 95-110
- actigraphy; algorithms; brain waves; elderly; phenotype; sleep; sleep disorders; statistical models; statistics
- ... In sleep research, applying finite mixture models to sleep characteristics captured through multiple data types, including self-reported sleep diary, a wrist monitor capturing movement (actigraphy), and brain waves (polysomnography), may suggest new phenotypes that reflect underlying disease mechanisms. However, a direct mixture model application is challenging because there are many sleep variabl ...