Jump to Main Content
- Cibils, Andres F., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of arid environments 2018 v.157 pp. 97-102
- Landsat; cropland; desertification; dry environmental conditions; forests; human settlements; land degradation; land management; population growth; rangelands; remote sensing; spring; statistical analysis; urban areas; Jordan
- ... The influence of population growth and Syrian refugee settlements on rangeland degradation in Jordan using remotely-sensed data was assessed. Eleven cloud-free Landsat 8 Operational Land Imager (OLI) Images that cover the study area were used. Maximum likelihood classifier was applied to estimate rangeland, cropland, urban, water and forest cover percentages over the study area for the period 2013 ...
- Cibils, Andres F., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Rangelands 2018 v.40 no.5 pp. 129-135
- branches; browsing; debarking; grazing; polyethylene glycol; protein supplements; rangelands; saplings; small ruminants; spring; summer; terpenoids
- ... Protein supplements and polyethylene glycol increased juniper intake by small ruminants in all seasons except fall, when PSM concentrations were greatest. Terpenes were affected by season and sapling size, and were related to juniper intake by small ruminants. Small sapling browsing occurred most frequently in summer. Debarking of branches on taller saplings was greatest in spring. Ten years later ...