Jump to Main Content
- Dixon, Kingsley W., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Virus research 2018 v.244 pp. 276-283
- Ceratobasidium; Hypovirus; Mitovirus; Pterostylis; Totivirus; genome; leaves; mycelium; mycorrhizal fungi; sequence analysis; stems; symbionts
- ... Terrestrial orchids represent a symbiotic union between plants and mycorrhizal fungi. This study describes the occurrence and nature of viruses associated with one population of wild Pterostylis sanguinea orchids, including their fungal symbionts, over two consecutive years. A generic sequencing approach, which combined dsRNA-enrichment from plant and mycelial tissues, random amplification and hig ...
- Dixon, Kingsley W., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Rangeland ecology & management 2018 v.71 no.3 pp. 318-322
- Astragalus filipes; Dalea ornata; Lupinus; Sphaeralcea munroana; arid lands; cold; freeze-thaw cycles; freezing; germination; heat; imbibition; perennials; permeability; seed dormancy; seeds; temperature; water uptake; Western United States
- ... Seed dormancy can present a significant barrier to restoration outcomes in dryland systems. Physical and combinational (physical + physiological) dormancy are prevalent among seeds of many herbaceous perennials used in restoration of drylands throughout the western United States. Although many techniques designed to alleviate these dormancy traits exist, their efficacy is species specific, may res ...