Jump to Main Content
- Duirk, Stephen E., et al. Show all 14 Authors
- Environmental science & technology 2018 v.52 no.22 pp. 13047-13056
- Salmonella; X-radiation; byproducts; chlorination; cytotoxicity; disinfection; drinking water; image analysis; iodine; mammals; methyl iodide; mutagenicity; mutagens; tissues; wastewater treatment
- ... Iodinated contrast media (ICM) are nonmutagenic agents administered for X-ray imaging of soft tissues. ICM can reach μg/L levels in surface waters because they are administered in high doses, excreted largely unmetabolized, and poorly removed by wastewater treatment. Iodinated disinfection byproducts (I-DBPs) are highly genotoxic and have been reported in disinfected waters containing ICM. We asse ...
- Duirk, Stephen E., et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Chemosphere 2018 v.202 pp. 349-357
- chlorination; chlorine; chloroform; fluorescence; iodine; organic carbon; oxidants; pH; trichloroacetic acid; Ohio
- ... Iopamidol is a known direct precursor to iodinated and chlorinated DBP formation; however, the influence of iopamidol on both iodo/chloro-DBP formation has yet to be fully investigated. This study investigated the effect of iopamidol on the formation and speciation of halogen-specific total organic halogen (TOX), as well as iodo/chloro-DBPs, in the presence of 3 source waters (SWs) from Northeast ...