Jump to Main Content
- Edelenbos, Merete, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Fungal biology 2018 v.122 no.10 pp. 1013-1022
- Fusarium oxysporum; Fusarium proliferatum; biochemical pathways; biomarkers; discriminant analysis; ethanol; ethyl acetate; formates; fungal biomass; fungal growth; fungi; metabolites; onions; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; solid phase microextraction; volatile organic compounds
- ... Basal rot is a common onion disease and is mainly caused by Fusarium oxysporum f. sp. cepae and Fusarium proliferatum. To study the possibility of using volatile organic compounds (VOCs) as biomarkers for these fungi, pathogenic isolates of F. oxysporum and F. proliferatum from onions were cultivated in onion medium and VOCs were measured by solid phase microextraction (SPME). Forty-two compounds ...
- Edelenbos, Merete, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of food science and technology 2018 v.55 no.8 pp. 3314-3324
- bulbs; discriminant analysis; hyperspectral imagery; image analysis; least squares; models; near-infrared spectroscopy; nondestructive methods; onions; wavelengths
- ... This study was designed to compare the performances of four different non-destructive methods of assessing onion quality, one of which was based on near-infrared spectroscopy, and three of which were based on spectral imaging. These methods involve a combination of wavelengths from visible to near-infrared with different acquisition systems that were applied to discriminate between pre-sorted onio ...