Jump to Main Content
- Fan, Mingshou, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of crop improvement 2018 v.32 no.5 pp. 648-656
- Solanum tuberosum; developed countries; farmers; fertigation; fertilizers; field experimentation; flood irrigation; nutrient use efficiency; potatoes; tubers; water resources; water use efficiency; China
- ... Inner Mongolia ranks number one in potato (Solanum tuberosum L.) production in China; however, water-use (WUE) and fertilizer-use efficiencies (FUE) in potato production are lower in this region than those in developed countries, even lower than the average levels in China because of poor management of water and fertilizer by local farmers. Fertigation has been shown to significantly improve both ...
- Fan, Mingshou, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Zeitschrift für Pflanzenernährung und Bodenkunde 2018 v.181 no.5 pp. 686-693
- carbon dioxide; carbon nitrogen ratio; environmental factors; greenhouses; nitrogen content; plantlets; potatoes; tubers
- ... Increasing the tuber number per plant and promoting tuber formation are important goals for potato production. Thus, it is of significance to understand how environmental factors affect tuber formation, which relates to the development of agronomical practices. The objective of this research was to test whether changing the CO₂ or N supply level could alter the C : N ratio in potatoes, and whether ...